Second mission: Culture

Second mission: Culture
For this mission i chose to do YouTubing as it is one of my interests and i spend a lot of my free time watching YouTube videos.
I thought this was a great opportunity to create my own channel that would be focused around my main hobby which is art, specifically drawing, painting and digital illustration/Graphic Design.

For my first upload i chose to do a digital painting and i chose to do a time lapse video that captured everything i done but compressed it down into a short video. The main reason i chose to make a time lapse is because i couldn’t record on my phone with the lack of storage on it and I don’t have a camera, but i am currently saving up for a camera so that will improve the quality of my channel and my videos.

Some of the things i will be focusing on is the gaming community and how it has become so popular over the years, how it gained popularity and why.
I will be also covering some of the top you tubers.
I would also like to show the process of setting up my channel to look professional to viewers.
If i had access to a camera I would show the video process more in detail.
I will cover how i edited and published the video and i will show the video analytics if it gets views and interactions.
I will cover how YouTube targets a user and how adds work.

PROCESS: 
For the process of this mission it was quite easy for me as i knew a lot about YouTube, probably a bit too much. I spend a lot of my time on YouTube so it was easy for me to take information in and take note of it.
I chose some trending topics on YouTube and i tried to focus the project around them.
I also wanted to create a video and i wanted to focus that around one of my interests which is art.
And i also wanted to focus on a community and i chose the gaming community as it is one of the largest communities on YouTube and i have a great interest in games.
These are some of the goals i have planned and hope to achieve.

PRODUCT:

For this mission i chose to do YouTube and i created a presentation using Microsoft PowerPoint.



I also chose to create my own YouTube channel and focus it around art.
And i wanted to create a video and upload it to YouTube so I decided to do a digital painting on my iPad and upload a time lapse video as i lacked in recording equipment.
I created my own logo for the channel.


The painting above is the one i done for the time lapse video, the video can be found on YouTube on my channel DarraghsDesigns.
In total i spent 11 hours on this painting. I was quite happy with the outcome as it was my first time painting digitally on an iPad.
I used an app called ProCreate which is just as good as photoshop, if not better and it only cost 10 euro and is a once off payment where as photoshop is a subscription which is a rip off in my opinion.

REFLECTION:

Overall i am very happy with the outcome of this mission and I definitely put a lot more time and effort into it, although i would have loved to had some recording equipment so i could have recorded the process from my perspective and it would have made such a more entertaining video.

Some things i would have changed is that i could have worked more on the branding of my channel
And made a better video. I could have focused on other communities and done more research into different topics and you tubers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Mission: Creativity